JAGA, a 501 (c)(4) not-for-profit corporation, was founded in 1954:
- To promote interest and participation in the ancient and honorable game of golf.
- To arrange competitive tournaments, and to act as a coordinator for tournament schedules in the area.
- To promote unity among the member clubs in handicapping and planning in accordance with current rules as set by the United States Golf Association.
- To encourage and promote Junior Golf.
- To process the nomination and selection of candidates for scholarship awards and to ensure the recipients maintain proper academic and moral standards during their term of study.
Members of JAGA are area golf clubs that have been approved for membership by JAGA
Each member club appoints up to four of their members to be JAGA directors who cast the club’s vote on JAGA business.
JAGA conducts regular business meetings preceded or followed by golf opportunities for the association’s directors.
Clubs interested in membership should contact JAGA at the following address:
830-13 A1A North
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082